Best Window Cleaning Items That’ll Make Your Windows Sparkle
Window cleaning is a great way to keep your home looking fresh and inviting, but also provides an opportunity for you to show off your personality. Check out these five best window cleaning tips that will have your windows sparkling in no time!
- Squeegee – Make sure the squeegee’s rubber strip is flexible and in good condition before you get started. If it seems a bit stiff, pour a few drops of window cleaner onto the rubber and let it sit to soften up a bit.
- Dish Soap – Another low-maintenance way of cleaning dirty windows is by using dish soap, water, and a rag. Make sure to use Dawn soap as it can cut through grease better than most brands of dish soap. For tough stains that require more effort, try adding baking soda to your mixture.
- Microfiber Cloth – When you’re out-window shopping, be on the lookout for items that can double as a cleaner! One great example is microfiber cloths—these cleaning accessories are typically used to remove dust from furniture and other surfaces, but they also do an excellent job at removing dirt from windows without leaving streaks behind. Another perk of using a microfiber cloth is that it requires no water or soap! However, if you choose to use a spray bottle with some soapy water in it when wiping down your windowsill, then you have the option of just hanging your cloth over the edge of a countertop to dry off.
- Vinegar – For naturally clean windows, consider using vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle. Because vinegar is acidic, it can kill bacteria and leave behind a fresh scent—all while brightening your windowpanes! When cleaning with this method, simply spray the mixture onto the exterior of your windows and wipe down with newspaper or a microfiber cloth.
- Glass Cleaner – If you still prefer to use a commercial glass cleaner, then consider making your own! You can find plenty of DIY recipes online for household items that are easily accessible at any store. A simple mixture of distilled white vinegar and water is an excellent choice but using lemon juice will also cut through grease more efficiently than most other ingredients on this list.
We hope these five window cleaning tips have you feeling inspired to create a beautiful, inviting space in your home. With just a few simple steps and the right supplies, you can easily get started with any of these methods today! If there are any other questions or concerns that come up when tackling this project around your windows, don’t hesitate to reach out for help from our team of experts. We’re happy to answer any questions about how best to clean them or provide expert window washing guidance on which is the most efficient option for different types of stains. Contact us now, we are located in Buffalo, NY if you need assistance deciding what needs cleaned first—we want all your home’s surfaces shining bright!
Here is a short video of how you can get your windows sparkly clean!
1557 Military Rd Suite 3, Buffalo, NY 14217